Parent and Physician. Parenting is the hardest job I've ever had. I've said more than once, it's easier to take care of someone with a rupturing aortic aneurysm than to handle a toddler throwing temper tantrum.
Now the challenge is to be a parent to adult, married children, and learning to be a good mother-in-law and grandmother.
First site active: EL&U.
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
― T.S. Eliot
Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
Member for 5 years, 7 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jan 1 at 16:35
- Parenting 59.7k 59.7k 1313 gold badges127127 silver badges211211 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 53k 53k 1414 gold badges113113 silver badges195195 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 23.9k 23.9k 1515 gold badges7676 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Biology 23.5k 23.5k 22 gold badges6060 silver badges8383 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 9.8k 9.8k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 210 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 207 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 204 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 175 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 164 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 164 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 157 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- View more network posts →