rescues should be used to tag questions regarding an agency (shelter, organization, volunteer network, rehabilitation "zoo"s).
Questions would include, but not be limited to:
- "How do I get involved with..."
- "How do I locate..."
- "Should I adopt from..."
- "How do I give up my pet to..."
- "How are pets treated by..."
- "What are the requirements for being a volunteer / foster for..."
- "What types of involvement programs should I expect from..."
- "What should I expect to happen with my pet once I give it to..."
shelters is a specific sub-set of rescues, and does not need to exist unless shelter-specific questions are created; example:
- "How do shelters handle older pets?" (which is, honestly, 100% applicable to rescues)
adoption is not applicable to all questions for rescues, and would be relegated to questions regarding the pet acquisition process. Not all rescues adopt, and not all adoptions are from rescues.
rescues is rarely relevant as a tag applicable to a question about a pet, unless the question also involved an agency; questions currently tagged as such would likely be better as behavior or adoption, depending on the intent of the question. Where the dog was sourced is not usually relevant to a question and would only serve to pollute rescues.