This post concerns several similar issues of pets eating inappropriate things that aren't their food and that aren't being fed to them:
- What are the problems associated with my cat eating paper?
- Do bunnies eat their droppings?
- Why do dogs eat grass?
- Why is my dog eating dirt?
- How do I keep a cat from eating houseplants?
- Should I be concerned that my puppy is chewing on fallen leaves?
- How can I prevent my ferrets from chewing on wires?
- Why do rabbits chew electrical wires?
- How can I prevent my cat from chewing up the carpet?
I see this coming up a lot (and more to appear). Most are generically assigned to behavior, but I think a more specific tag is in order.
I am of the opinion that these posts should not be using diet which, while it refers to what is fed to a pet, the intent of diet is that the what is intentional. I would like to create something akin to a hypothetical inappropriate-diet, but less unwieldy.
Votes on this question are agreement that something should be done; not consensus that the sample tags I suggest here are applicable.