We need a 3rd moderator for this site.
Ideally, Moderators are elected by the community, but until this site reaches a critical mass to hold an election, we need to appoint another provisional Moderator to fill that role.
Please nominate folks you might like to see become the provisional Moderators for this site. Your input will provide some valuable support to help us make our selections. You can read more about the process here: Moderators Pro Tempore.
The Nomination Process:
- Nominate a user by adding an 'answer' below. Each nomination should be a separate answer. Link the name to the user’s profile (parent and meta) so we can see their activity. I added a short template (below) to help you with that process.
- Self nominations are encouraged. This is a volunteer activity, so users should not feel obligated to accept these positions. A self nomination is simply a way to say, "I am very much interested in this."
- Nominations can include links to other activities: Area 51 participation, participation in other sites, or any relevant thoughts/links that may help us make an informed decision.
- The nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer (not commenting) to say they accept. Optionally, nominees are encouraged to write a bit about themselves following the nomination. I added a short template (below) to help you with that process.
Here is what we'll be looking for in a Moderator candidate:
We are seeking out members who are deeply engaged in the community's development; members who:
- Have been consistently active on the site.
- Show an interest in their meta's community-building activities.
- Leads by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
Here is an example nomination entry. You can copy-and-paste from the format below:
##[username](<main profile link>)
##[Meta Profile](<meta profile link>)
<why you feel nominee would be a useful addition to the pro tem choices>
Accepting a nomination
Please 'edit' the nomination post to indicate whether you "accept" or "decline". Optionally, you are encouraged to write a bit about yourself following the nomination. Here is a short template you can add to the bottom of the post.
I accept/decline this nomination
I am <name>. <interest in this site?> <fun fact?> ← all optional. I live in <location>, so I am generally active on this site from <time> to <time>. Some other things you may want to know about me are…